Taking care of your jewellery
Follow these simple steps and you can enjoy wearing your Lulu Winter jewellery for years to come...
The general rules:
- Store your jewellery away from exposure to air/environment. A ziplock plastic bag is a very practical and cheap way to do this. This is a particularly good way to store silver jewellery as it will significantly cut down on tarnishing.
- Store your jewellery separately, so the pieces don’t rub and scratch against each other.
- Damp and hot conditions will cause jewellery to tarnish so do not store jewellery next to heating vents, windowsills or in the bathroom.
- Perfumes, lotions, creams and hair products can react with the jewellery, causing silver to tarnish and gold to erode. Apply any scents or cosmetics before you put on your jewellery.
- Remove jewellery when exercising, cleaning, gardening or carrying out any other rough or physical work.
- Try not to wear your jewellery overnight.
- Hot weather, bright sunlight and perspiration can speed up the tarnishing process and damage gemstones. Jewellery should always be taken off
before the pool, shower or sea.
- A Silver 'Dip' treatment is a great way to clean silver jewellery, but always make sure the jewellery is rinsed thoroughly with water afterwards and the
instructions for the product are strictly followed.
- Gold-plated jewellery can be cleaned with warm soapy water and a really soft toothbrush. Then rinse thoroughly and dry well.
- We do sell an excellent beauty treatment by Connoisseurs for gold and silver jewellery - details can be found here.
Caring for your Branch Jewellery:
- All jewellery by The Branch is made from sustainably sourced Rosewood, and will last forever if treated right. We recommend that you avoid contact with water and excessive heat, which may damage the wood.
- To keep the wood smooth and shiny it can be rubbed with oil such as Linseed, Olive or even baby oil with a soft cloth. The same care can be applied to the silver or gold finishings.
- To keep it sparkling, just rub the metal with a soft cloth to polish it.
- All jewellery by The Branch is made from solid, natural wood; do not try to force or bend it and be careful not to drop it.
Caring for your pearl jewellery:
- Chemicals are tough on pearls and will cause them to lose their luster over time; to minimise exposure, we recommend that pearls should be the last item you put on when dressing, and the first to come off when you undress.
- Apply any cosmetics, cream, hairspray or perfume before you put your pearls on. When you remove your pearls, gently wipe them down with a soft cloth before you put them away.
- To clean your pearls you can simply use an unused soft make-up brush or soft cloth and warm soapy water. Do not submerse the pearls, simply moisten the brush/cloth and clean.
- Once you have cleaned your pearls, gently run a soft cloth over them to remove any excess moisture and then lay them flat to dry on a towel. As wet silk thread can stretch, and attract dirt, it is best to not touch your pearls until they are completely dry.
- Store your pearls in a soft pouch or cloth lined jewellery box away from other gemstones and hard surfaces to avoid scratching. It is best to store your pearls somewhere cool and out of direct sunlight.
Friday, 19 October 2018 | Patricia
Item arrived extremely quickly and very well packaged. Bought as a birthday gift for my daughter and am sure she will love it. Would definitely buy from Lulu Winter again.
Tuesday, 16 October 2018 | Jennifer
Excellent service, received within 24hrs of ordering.Beautiful pendant.I'm sure my granddaughter will love it.
Tuesday, 24 July 2018 | Roddy
the studs arrived this morning and I am absolutely delighted with their quality, style and !
So very many thanks
Saturday, 9 December 2017 | Patricia
Very pleased with the item, I am sure my daughter will love it, and the speed with which it was despatched was excellent. Brilliant service. Thank you.
Sunday, 3 December 2017 | Ben
Looks great really good quality and a very speedy delivery
Sunday, 5 November 2017 | Cathryn
Great product and fast delivery, highly recommended